BIR 1601-E — Rent & services taxes

2014 Submit dates

    Submit by For the period starting
  1. Wed, Jan 15 Sun, Dec 1
  2. Mon, Feb 10 Wed, Jan 1
  3. Mon, Mar 10 Sat, Feb 1
  4. Thu, Apr 10 Sat, Mar 1
  5. Mon, May 12 Tue, Apr 1
  6. Tue, Jun 10 Thu, May 1
  7. Thu, Jul 10 Sun, Jun 1
  8. Mon, Aug 11 Tue, Jul 1
  9. Wed, Sep 10 Fri, Aug 1
  10. Fri, Oct 10 Mon, Sep 1
  11. Mon, Nov 10 Wed, Oct 1
  12. 11 days to go   Next submission             for period starting

  13. Wed, Dec 10 Sat, Nov 1

BIR 1601-E — Quick facts


Required by

To be submitted

Form download link

Print instructions

Submission steps

Payment instructions

Payable to

Due date


Learn more at

And more at

BIR 1601-E — Answers to your questions

1. What is the name of the 1601-E?

  • The name of the form 1601-E is "Monthly Remittance Return of Creditable Income Taxes Withheld (Expanded)".

2. What is the purpose of the 1601-E?

  • The purpose of BIR form 1601-E is to file the monthly withholding tax on professional services or rent paid to other parties.

3. How do you submit the 1601-E?

  • To submit the form 1601-E, you must:
    1. Sign in black ink.
    2. Get all copies stamped upon payment.
    3. Take one stamped copy back for your own records.

4. When is the due date to submit the 1601-E?

  • The form 1601-E must be submitted on the 10th of each month, except January, which is on the 15th (If this day is a Saturday, Sunday or holiday, it must be submitted by the first working day AFTER.). Though if paying and filing manually, it is advised to file not later than the Friday before weekend or holiday to avoid early cut off times and penalties in some areas.

5. When is the payment due for the 1601-E?

  • For the 1601-E, you must pay on or before submission. Either cash to selected Landbank branches, or by company check at selected branches of the bank where your check book was issued. See BIR accredited banks.

 Notes: Your local RDO can receive payment if paying on the last day it is due. You can file this form at your Local Revenue District Office. In places where there is no Authorized Agent Banks, this form payment shall be filed and the tax paid with the Revenue Collection Officer or the Authorized City or Municipal Treasurer within the Revenue District where you are located.

6. How many copies do you need to submit for the 1601-E?

  • For the 1601-E, you must submit 3 copies.

 Notes: Forms must be submitted in triplicate, portrait and in long bond (US folio) size.

7. What documents are needed to be submitted together with 1601-E?

  • The 1601-E must be submitted with the monthly Alphalist Payees (MAP).

 Notes: Individual list of each payor or professional taken withholding tax from services.

 See also:

 And also: